I had a big surprise waiting for me in my inbox. Surviving the unexpected nominated me for a Liebster Award! I usually make entries from my phone so I didn’t see this message until I signed onto my computer. As I’m new to blogging, I had no idea what this was. According to her page I read:
“It is an award for new bloggers with less than 200 followers. It is a way to hopefully get your blog out there to share all it has to offer.
Here are the Official Rules for accepting the Liebster Award:1. Answer the questions given and then come up with 10 new ones to ask your nominations.2. Nominate 8 other blogs, let them know you have nominated them and put a link to their blog in your post.3. No Tag backs.4. Nominations must have under 200 followers.5. You must tell all the blogs that you nominate that you have nominated them.“How exciting! Here are my Q&A answers (I apologize in advance as I have a tendency to go off subject a lot; I’ll do my best):
- Why did you start blogging? I started off and on about a year ago. At the time I was really focused on working out and really got into weight lifting. I started getting friends asking me what I was doing so I started a blog to chronicle my journey. About a month after I started my blog I found out I was pregnant and so my concentration shifted.
- What do you do like to do in your free time (assuming you have any 🙂 )? With a 4 month old I don’t have a lot of free time but when it does happen I like to relax with a good book or watch an old movie.
- Most unexpected thing about being a parent? Being so attached to her so instantaneously. I can’t stand to be away from her. Also how natural I’ve transitioned into being a mom and the patience I’ve gained from having her.
- When do you blog? I wish I could say that I escape to a starbucks or little bookstore with a coffee to blog but honestly it is anytime she is napping and I have something on my mind. I get influenced by what I read from other blogs that strike an emotion in me or from something I heard on tv or radio.
- What/Who most inspires you as a person? There are a lot of things that inspire me. It really just depends on my mood and how I’m feeling. I’ve been inspired by my husband, my daughter, music (I tend to gravitate to music of years ago), books, other bloggers. I tend to read a lot of quotes and poetry in my spare time.
- What is your go-to recipe? hmmm, this is a hard one because I love to cook and bake. Right now I’d say its a bbq chicken french bread pizza. I found it recently on pinterest (you know the stay at home mom’s go to website) and I’ve made it 3 times and it is delish. A plus is that the ingredients I already had and if I didn’t it takes like $10-15 bucks to make it! SCORE! Here’s the link.
- Do you have a personal mantra, and if so, what is it? I’ve thought long and hard about this and I don’t think I do. The only thing that comes to mind is what my mother instilled in me… “it’s better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it”. It’s annoyingly true. think about it! it’s why us as women over pack when we travel.
- What is your favorite store? any office supply store. I’m so Monica from friends. I love my label maker. I love matching folders and office supplies. The saddest thing about being a stay at home mom is that I have no need for office supplies…. yet. I’m starting to organize my home and I so see the need for some of my office supplies and maybe some new ones.
- Must-have baby product, what is yours? a swing. something that rocks, vibrates, shakes…. miracle machines!
- You have the chance to stop at your favorite drink place (coffee, tea, soda, etc.), which place and what is your drink order? We don’t have any cool coffee places in Ft. Wayne so I would say Starbucks and my go to drink is white chocolate mocha. until the holiday drink flavor comes out and then I usually go for those.
Now I’m supposed to nominate other bloggers who have less than 200 followers. This is hard as I haven’t figured out how to tell if they have less than 200 followers so I apologize if I nominate you and you have more!
I look forward to hearing your answers. Here are your questions:
1. Why did you start a blog?
2. What is your biggest accomplishment?
3. Do you have a favorite author? if so who?
4. What is your most memorable moment?
5. What is your biggest obstacle when it comes to blogging?
6. Do you have a favorite blog you read? if so who? (i’m always looking to read more)
7. If you could go back to your childhood and relive one day what day would that be?
8. What is your family’s favorite holiday tradition?
9. What advice would you give to a new mom?
10. If you could travel anywhere where would you go? and why?