I feel like it has been several moons since I’ve written anything. Its been a mix of not really having much to write about and keeping busy with my almost 8 month old. We are transitioning from a 3 nap schedule to 2 nap schedule. I received this wonderful comment to one of my previous post from The Bespectacled Mother and she nominated me for ‘The Sisterhood of The World Bloggers Award. This is a fun break from writing about the day to day things and I’ve also found wonderful blogs by participating in previous posts similar to this.
I feel honored because there are thousands and thousands of bloggers and to be considered for anything is nice and appreciated! Thank you, The Bespectacled Mother! I found her blog by something similar to this before and if you haven’t read her blog definitely check her out! I love hearing about her adventures with her son on the other side of the world. Very sweet blog.
Here are the rules which go with this award.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you, linking back to their site
- Put the Award logo on your blog
- Answer the ten questions sent to you
- Make up ten new questions for your nominees to answer
- Nominate seven blogs.
- Which was your favourite book as a child? This is hard because there are so many. I was very fortunate that my mom read to my brother and I daily so we had a big collection of children books. I think the first book that comes to mind is the book ‘My Goodnight Book’. This book was the book that my dad would read to me before bed while rocking me. He has said this was his favorite time. While I was pregnant and staying at my parents for a weekend we went through our old books and when we came across ‘My Goodnight Book’ he got tears in his eyes.
- What is that childhood memory you are most fond of? Wow, another hard one because I have soooo many. I guess I’ll just write about the first one that comes to mind. I believe it was in 1989 and we lived in South Carolina. It was the year after Hurricane Hugo and it snowed in Charleston; enough to cover the ground and then some. I remember my dad got home from work after dark and got my brother and I out of bed and dressed. We went outside and made snow angels. It didn’t last long but to this day it stands out in my memory. That was my dad, always ready to have fun with his kids; whether my mom liked it or not. I can only imagine I might be a little frustrated if my husband came home got my daughter out of bed (after I put in all the time and effort in getting her actually in bed) to go play. haha I hope I could be able to sit back and remember how these memories will stay with her forever.
- What does blogging mean to you? Blogging is growing on me. I think its strange that people actually like to read what I write about. It allows me to connect with individuals I wouldn’t otherwise be able to, and gives me that ‘adult time’ to ‘escape’ from my daily routine. It’s a nice break for me to write about whats going on in my life and also to read about the adventures others are on. It’s amazing how we are so different yet so similar. Kinda cool.
- Who is that one person in your life holding positive influence over you? Good question… and another hard one. I don’t know if there is just one person but a group of people in my life for different purposes. My husband never takes anything too seriously. This fact can drive me completely crazy but when I can actually take a step back it’s nice to have that person in my life that can make me laugh when I don’t think I can (or want to). My mom probably knows me better than anyone else so she has a great perspective to help me in anything. Again, this is sometimes a fact that drives me nuts that she knows me so well. 🙂 My dad loves his family and that has left a lasting impression on me. He also loves my mom and after 33 years I think that is amazing and something I strive for in my own marriage. It may sound crazy but I find a lot of positivity when I’m around my dogs. They love with all that they have, and its so unconditional. We can learn a lot from our fur babies. I read a quote once that said ‘There are no bad days when you come home to a dog’. Sooo true.
- How do you quieten your mind to get some sleep? This is a lot easier since I’ve become a mom. Sometimes I’m not sure how I got to bed. Before baby, I 99% of the time never had a problem falling asleep. When I am bothered by something I will read a book or lay in silence and just focus on breathing in and out; pushing out any other thoughts.
- What are your dreams about? haha, If people knew my dreams I’d be place in a mental institution. Mostly I will have what I call combo dreams. It’ll be placed where I grew up in South Carolina but all the people I know where I live now. Or I’ll dream I’m back in high school or college but with people I know now. Weird.
- What is your happy place? My home. that question is super easy to answer. The second place is Texas. My in laws live in Texas and I’ve been there several times and I fell in love with Texas from the moment I crossed the state line. Every time I’m there I am able to ‘go off the grid’ I don’t care about whats going on in social media, being on my phone…. I am just content being there. I can’t explain how much I feel like myself but myself that I didn’t know was there. I love Texas, particular the Hill Country.
- Life is a long journey but still if you have to, how will you summarise the life you have lived till now? Amazing.Blessed.Love. If I’m not known for nothing else in my life I hope I am remembered for being a good wife and mother. That is what is precious to me
- What are your plans for yourself as an individual in 2015? Be Intentional. I want that to be my personal motto. What I mean is I want whatever I do to do with purpose. I want my husband to know I support and love him. I want my daughter to keep smiling and learning the world around her. I want to spend as much time with my parents as possible.
- The last question – What will you consider yourself – Romantic or Practical? Definitely practical. My decisions are entirely focused on how practical it is.
WHEW!!! Those took some thoughts.
Below I will list who I would like to nominate, all of which I thoroughly enjoy reading. I don’t know if you’ve been nominated before but I hope my readers may be able to find a great blog to follow.
1. Big Trouble Little Nappies – Love her posts! Check this mom out!
2. Everyday A Choice – Check her blog out she always has interesting posts. A fun read!
3. Hype Dad– This may be a new favorite. I love hearing a dad’s point of view
4. Simply Honest Simply Real- Check this blog out! Her blog is just as the title suggest. Very sweet stories of motherhood and her children!
5. No Fruit For You -I related to a lot of her posts. And often her posts were feelings I had but no words for.
6. Surviving the Unexpected -This blog is another must read. Beautifully written.
7. Real Mom Diary -I always look forward to her posts.
Here are you questions:
1. What is your fondest memory from 2014?
2. What do you want to achieve in 2015?
3. What are the things that stand between you and complete happiness?
4. If you could send a message to the entire world, what would you say?
5. When was the last time you tried something new? What did you try?
6. If you had to teach someone one thing, what would you teach?
7. What drives you to do something better?
8.What are you looking forward to?
9. What has your greatest adventure been in your life thus far?
10. What did your life teach you yesterday?