My beautiful little baby is 11 months old today. I’ve said it before but she has completely changed every part of me. Her personality develops and shines more and more everyday. She makes me laugh everyday. She’s so smart. She can now distinguish 15 toys. She can say 5 words: mama, dada, doggie, Sadie,hi. She loves the songs itsy bitsy spider, row your boat. Her favorite cartoons are Mickey mouse and Henry Hugglemonster. She likes being read to and will also try to read them back. Loves being outside. She is simply a joy!!
Thank you The Champa Tree for the Blog Tour Nomination. I’m really bad at checking my notifications at times but I was so excited to see that you thought of me! I love her blog and site; as it always has fun, good information on it! She really encompasses many aspects of motherhood and family! I hope I get this right!
- Compose a one-time post on a specific Monday: I just so happened to check this and if I’m correct today is a Monday!!! 🙂 Score!
- Give them the rules and a specific Monday to post by: Please feel free to reply whenever you can. I know it is supposed to be on a Monday, but if you are anything like me you lose track of days and we are all busy! I understand!
- Pass the tour on up to four other bloggers: I find that I nominate the same people over and over. So I’m going to switch it up a bit. I nominate everyone that reads this! If you accept and complete this please let me know so I can learn about you and maybe find new blogs to fall in love with!
- Answer four questions about your creative process which lets other bloggers and visitors know what inspires you to do what you do: Read below….
1. WHAT ARE YOU WORKING ON AT THE MOMENT- Currently I’m not working on too much. I’m a stay at home mom so my days are filled with keeping my household in tip top shape. I’m really focusing on my health and fitness. I’m currently following IIFYM for my eating habits and exercising a minimum of 4 times a week.
2. HOW DOES YOUR WORK DIFFER FROM OTHERS IN YOUR GENRE- I read a lot of blogs that are very informative and successful in terms of using their blogs for income/work. I on the other hand simple write from my heart about my journey and life as a mother, wife, woman. I’m not a professional writer nor to I boast that I’m any good at it but I feel that by writing how I feeling helps me stay sane. I don’t interact with many adults during the day so this gives me a chance to connect with others who share similar as well as different experiences.
3. WHY DO YOU WRITE OR CREATE WHAT YOU DO– To keep memories to look back on. To learn from what I have experienced. Like I mentioned above to stay sane. I need to get better and taking the time to write as I am continuously thinking about things I want to remember or share but somehow I always get busy with something else!
4. HOW DOES YOUR WRITING/CREATIVE PROCESS WORK– I don’t think I have a process. I write when I write. Nothing is prepared or edited. I just write. My blog entries are probably sometimes hard to read because I just sit with my laptop and type as I think about things. I can tend to be a little scatter-brain with my thoughts. 🙂 But that’s just how I am!
Thank you again for the nomination and again I nominate everyone who takes the time to read this! Enjoy!
My favorite spot in my home (quite possibly the planet) is my glider in my daughters room.
Bedtime for my daughter has become by far one of my favorite times. I’m sure I’ve written about it (maybe even a few times) before. I’m not counting the struggle it is to get her pjs on part; but the rocking part. I’ve always been very strict with her bedtime routine and for almost 11 months now we haven’t changed it. The great part of that is she sleeps through the night and is pretty happy most of the day. The down side is sometimes life tries to interfere and makes the ritual more challenging due to outings, family visits, trips, etc. When we don’t follow the plan she doesn’t sleep so well through the night.
But when I’m rocking her to sleep it is just heaven. It’s dark, calm, and quiet. We use a sound machine set to the noise of rain. I also use a fan in her room pointed away from her so that there is air flow through the night. But for the most part it is quiet. I find myself so relaxed at that moment. It may have been a stressful day and maybe when I’m done putting her to bed my stressful day will continue; but for that moment in time I am at peace. I don’t know if I’ve ever really felt that feeling before. Pure, honest peace. It’s quite nice I must say. I don’t worry about who may be texting/calling, what’s on tv, the endless list of chores I still have to do. I honestly think about nothing other than how happy I am to be in that moment. I get to feel this way every day!
On to the topic of this blog entry; 5 kisses.
Every night while I’m rocking my daughter to sleep I give her 5 kisses before I lay her down to bed. Here’s why:
1. A kiss from me; mommy!
2. A kiss from daddy!
3. A kiss from her grandparents, because they live far away from us and I know if they were here they’d kiss her goodnight!
4. A kiss from everyone who never got the chance to meet her! This one I hold dear to me because I always seem to think of my granny when I’m rocking her. How I wish she was still alive to see her, hold her, and love her. I know she is watching over her and me but it’d still be nice to have her here physically. Maybe she is with us in that moment because I seem to always think of her. At least I’d like to think that. In addition to my granny, I wish my husbands sister could still be here to meet her niece as well. I never got to meet her but from pictures they look alike in many ways. This kiss is for them and all our other family members who are no longer with us.
5. An extra kiss; because there is no reason to stop at 4! I guess it’s my way of finishing out our wonderful day and for her to sleep well.
I have done this every night for as long as I can remember. When she is older I will continue this and I’ll tell her all about why I kiss her 5 times before bed. Since becoming a mom I truly appreciate the little, simple things in everything because it’s all those little things that end up being so big in meaning!