WOW!!! Thank you to Bespectacled Mother for nominating me for this award! It was a nice surprise when I woke up this morning. I love reading her posts, if you aren’t following her then you should definitely check her out! Sorry it took me a little bit to make a post; my daughter decided again that naps were overrated today!! I’m still pretty new to the blog world but I’m learning more each time I sign on. One thing that I have noticed is that everyone I’ve chatted with in comments or messages has been so incredibly nice. The kind of people I would interact with in the real world. It’s nice to know there are such lovely, supportive people in the world. I will do my best by following all the rules.
Here are the rules:
•Thank the person who nominated you for the award=check
•Add the One Lovely Blog Award logo to your post and/or blog=check
•Share 7 facts/or things about yourself.
•Nominate 7 bloggers you admire.
1. I’ll start with what comes to mind first; which once you read it you may think I’m a little strange. I’m very afraid of squirrels. CANNOT stand them. They are creepy, and big around where I live. I’ve been afraid of them since as long as I can remember. Do you remember the song by Ray Stevens ‘The Mississippi Squirrel Revival’?? I guess I watched that too many times when I was a kid. Not sure what I’m talking about or now you are singing the song and want to watch it again… Well it’s your lucky day here is the video (Mississippi Squirrel Revival). You’re welcome.
2. I love to read. I wish I had more time to read. I wish I had taken more time when I had it to read. I did a challenge a couple years ago where I read 1 book a month. Now, this isn’t too much as sometimes I can finish a book if it is really good in a day or two; but it was nice to turn off the tv and get lost in a book. I hope to pass that love of reading onto my daughter. I am thinking of a way to add onto my blog regarding books and getting back to reading more…. more to come on that later.
3. I’m still not over the lose of my Granny from just over 2 years ago. I think about her every day, if not multiple times during the day. I have a new outlook on life after losing her. I absolutely hate that it took losing her to step back and enjoy my life more. I know though that she would be proud of my new insight regardless. I truly wish she could have met my daughter. It breaks my heart every day. Something I’ve never shared with anyone because I don’t know how they would respond and I’m not quite sure I understand the feeling myself but since her death I’ve become afraid of dying. It sounds crazy I know, but I guess I never gave it much thought before. These feeling were really amplified after having Carolina. I watch these sad movies, listen to the sad songs about losing someone, watch the news how children have to grow up without a parent…. it’s torture. I know there is no way of knowing what the future holds but that alone is frightening to me. So I try to be in the moment, every moment so that she gets all of me while she can. It’s also not the act of dying that scares me its the thought of being gone and missing out on everything to come. That scares the HELL of out me.
4. I’m kind of obsessed with my dogs. I have a black Labrador named Kona and a Golden Retriever named Sadie. I’ve had Kona since she was 6 weeks old and she has been my world since then. She will be 6 in December and she suffers from arthritis in her back leg so she isn’t as active as she used to be. She still loves her tennis balls, the ‘chuck it’ balls, basically anything that resembles her ball. She is extremely well behaved. She never needs to be tied out (and we live on 3+ acres not fenced), she knows every dog command (some people believe she understands me when I talk to her like a person). As a lab she has never chewed anything in the house when we are gone. Just a great dog; we got lucky. She is a sweetheart but when she is in pain she can be kind of moody. Sadie will be 3 this December (pure coincidence both birthdays are in December). I got her in June of 2012 when she was about 1.5 years old. She came from good people but they didn’t really work on good puppy behavior. She is a licker and she likes to have a paw on you constantly. She is a little rambunctious but she is SUCH a lover. She is the sweetest dog who wants nothing more than to make you happy and to cuddle. She is simply A-M-A-Z-I-N-G with Carolina. Carolina just smiles and laughs when Sadie comes around her. My husband finds her a little of a pest (but I think its because she can be a lot like him and just pick on someone constantly). But I know he loves her because I’ll find them cuddling at night. Who can resist a good dog cuddle; not even my manly husband. My day just isn’t complete if I’m not with them.
5. I love to bake and cook. I enjoy baking treats more. I like to bake my dad things because he just gets so excited about everything. I often don’t eat a lot of what I make. Not because it’s not good but I have more joy in making it than eating it. I have a tendency to not use exact measurements when baking/cooking so it’s hard to make the same thing twice.
6. My favorite college course was a Wine Tasting course. I’m not joking…. it was a class where every session we sampled 6-8 different wines. We learned about grapes, how wines were made, stored, etc. We learned about wine pairings, and how to properly taste wine. We even took field trips to very nice restaurants in downtown Indy and have a 3-4 course meal with different wines. Does it get any better than that?!?! UM no! I actually developed a love for red wines in that course. Now for everyone thinking how does that class help you in the business world? easy… ever been to a business dinner? Well you can suggest a good wine and it’s a good conversation piece at the beginning. See. I applied it to the real world.
7. I love, love, love music. There isn’t a day that goes by where I don’t listen to music and get up and move. I have a wide range of music that I like. I listen to music that allows me to feel something, think something, escape from something. Primarily I listen to country music and rock music. I also listen to music primarily from years prior. This could be a whole post on just my music choices. I love Conway Twitty, George Jones, Tammy Wynette, Bob Wills, Johnny Cash, Buck Owens. I love the Bakersfield sound! I am kind of obsessed with my man GEORGE STRAIT!!! (the perfect man) lol! I’ve seen probably 50-75 country artists live. I also love love love classic Rock; Beatles, Zepplin, The Who, Hendrix, Dylan, The Doors, The Stones, The Eagles (I have every song), my all time favorite Van Halen, The Zombies, Hall & Oates, Buffalo Springfield. I love good R&B: stevie wonder, Michael Jackson, Marvin Gaye, Prince, Vandross, Otis Redding, Smokey Robinson. I also love classical and jazz music. I listen to classical and jazz because I like that it doesn’t have words, as a listener you can go wherever you want to go. You can listen to the same song day after day and you may not hear the same thing or feel the same way. I love that about music. Carolina and I have music time everyday where we listen, sing, dance. My favorite radio station on Pandora right now is Lite Rock Songwriters… OMG every song is AWESOME!!!!
8. (because I’m an over-achiever) I love COWBOY BOOTS!!! I would have 100 pairs if my husband would let me store that many! :):)
phewwwww. All 7 facts are done. Plus one!
Last rule is to nominate 7 people. This is where I struggle because I don’t know if you have been nominated for this already so please ignore if you have and I apologize I double nominated you. I’m picking these blogs because I enjoy reading their posts/blogs.
2. The Dazed Mommy
4. No Fruit for You
6. A Woman’s Lifestyle
okay I only have 6. Again I apologize if any of the 6 listed above have been nominated before.
This was pretty fun to do. Have a great night everyone!!!